- This event has passed.
OER Workshop | GCC
January 22, 2016, 10:00 am - 2:00 pm
Join facilitator Cheryl Huff from Lumen Learning for a workshop that will answer all of your OER and Zx23 Project questions. Collaborate with colleagues while gaining the necessary tools to incorporate open education resources this semester. This faculty and staff workshop is designed to be informative, hands on, and suitable for all levels. Explore how to adopt, adapt, and build OER with best practices to complement or reimagine current and future instruction. Registration is free and includes lunch. You are encouraged to bring a laptop or tablet. This event is co-sponsored by Germanna Community College and Northern Regional Center for Teaching Excellence.
- Opening Session: Adopt – Adopting an OER State-of-Mind
- Session #1: Adopt 2.0 – Lumen’s Partnership with VCCS and Resources for Faculty
- Session #2: Adapt – Making Resources Your Own
Working Lunch: Roundtable discussions
- Session #3: Build –Building an OER Library of Resources
- Session #4: Evaluate – Evaluating OER Courses and OER Materials, evaluating programs and policy
Register here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1SJg2wwSizjf_qNJ_llf66yKQzajAsksG2aVwXkJqgi8/viewform?c=0&w=1