The 3rd Annual Open Textbook Summit is calling
The call for proposals is out for BCcampus’s 3rd Annual Open Textbook Summit. The summit will be held on May 28-29 in Vancouver, British Columbia. This is the same location as the Open Education Conference on November 18, 2015, which also has a call for proposals.
Summit topics include:
- Faculty experiences adopting, adapting or creating open textbooks
- Student advocates and students who have experienced open textbooks
- Open textbook project staff interested in sharing experiences and resources
- Government representatives who are, or are interested in, creating policy and establishing funding programs
- Librarians supporting open textbooks
- Open textbook research initiatives
- Open textbook peer review
- Institutional support for open textbook adoptions
- Technology to support the development and use of open textbooks
- Innovative pedagogical activities involving open textbooks and open pedagogy
Submissions are due on March 23, 2015. Acceptance announcements go out no later than April 2, 2015. Presenters get their registration fee waived.